Saturday 7 May 2016

Are we ever showing up to God with something nices?



How tired God must be of guilt and loneliness, for that's all we ever bring to Him. (Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

My God, would You like to comment on this quote?

Why don’t you do the kick-off, my son?

Oh yes, I am ashamed in my heart of hearts.
When I think of with what I've turned in my life to you, then it surely was most of the time, when I was in trouble, when I was confused, when I had problems, to be honest. If I express it in percentages than I presume 90% of my turning to you consisted of complaining and asking and pestering. Though I do think this percentage has lowered since I am able to talk to You.
Sorry God, I do hope you have seen in the meantime all the hours I was happy, I was absorbing life, enjoying it, being optimistic, nicely at work on something, otherwise it is a tall order for You.

Thank you, I appreciate this.
Rest assured, I've seen everything. I know all your beautiful and fine and good moments, did I not forward it all?
It would be very nice for the spiritual world as man complained less and thanked some more. If man more often said to his God, "I am pleased with You, thank You, I see what You do for me, You are my comfort, my happiness, my big hold. I do not know what You do for me, but it's probably more than I realize. Thank You, thank You, thank You! "
And the issue is not that God cannot live without your thanks, but it is nicer with gratitude, for everyone, and more honest. The spirit of gratitude is very undervalued on less developed planets.
Thank you for bringing up this subject, my son.
By the way, God is never tired.

My blessings to you all
 
Nr. 330