Sunday 24 November 2013

Zen and obeying God are looking like eachother

 

I was recently in a monastery and went one day to the regular morning Zen meditation.
While walking through the dimly lit, historical colonnade to the meditation room , my mind is realizing the following.
I know Zen especially is propagating the here and now. And consider man so often struggling with what ought to be and what doesn’t. What he likes and accepts and what he does not like and what he does not accept.
And thus he says yes to one thing and no to the other thing. How can one really be in the here and now in this way?



Suddenly I realize saying yes to everything, stopping fighting with what ought to be and what is not, thus unconditionally saying yes, accepting everything, is actually the same as obeying life, obeying God . Saying to life, to God, " You know better, I accept everything, please show me the way."
I realize obedience to God is actually the same as living in the here and now , as living Zen .
Zen is actually surrendering to life itself .
Obeying God is : surrendering to life itself .
If you believe, you surrender to God.
If you do not believe , you surrender to life .

But it is all the same.
In both cases, you end up in the here and now.

 

I take my meditation sit in the room , the gong goes after a while and meditation starts.
I fall into silence and feel absorbed in a soft, loving atmosphere of acceptance, of Being, of Silence .
It speaks for itself I am having a wonderful meditation, of which the silence and the power is sticking to me the whole day on.
And God is telling me afterwards :

Be Blessed, My son.
You are always welcome to My bosom. You are always welcome to the Here and Now.
Everybody is always welcome to the bosom of God.
Everybody is always welcome to the Here and Now .

My blessings to you all