Sunday 1 December 2013

Man seems to be alone






I'm in a monastery and several psalm texts are touching me deeply.
They are about the struggle of man, the moments when he feels abandoned , and seems to be at the mercy of pain of the world or of the harsh judgment of fellowmen.
Would You like to comment on this?


Psalm 42

I say to God, my rock:
“Why have you forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning
because of the oppression of the enemy?”

As with a deadly wound in my bones,
my adversaries taunt me,
while they say to me all the day long,
“Where is your God?”

Psalm 44

Awake! Why are you sleeping, O Lord?
Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever!
Why do you hide your face?
Why do you forget our affliction and oppression?

For our soul is bowed down to the dust;
our belly clings to the ground.
Rise up; come to our help!
Redeem us for the sake of your steadfast love!

My son , these words are expressing the loneliness of man. As you describe , in his difficult moments , as he seems abandoned by God . And at the mercy of pain of the body , of the loneliness of the mind or of being alone in the cosmos .
Do know you all, this is not the case.
Know when you are experiencing pain and loneliness and desolation, you are surrounded and cherished by the spiritual world. Do know all is observed, and all is offered so far it is possible.

But ..... there are these moments you are on your one.
Due to the course of evolution .
Due to the independence of the body.
Due to the fixation of the mind .
Due to moments of confusion .
Due to illusion of superficiality .
Due to the ordeal of the moment .
Due to the exaggeration of emotion .
Due to the pride of the ego .
Due to the price of causality .
Due to the oblivion of the individual.

But do know you are cherished and cared for in these moments .
By your guardian angel.
By your spiritual body.
By your soul.
By God.
By your loved ones in the spirit.
By the angels of comfort , love and healing.

It is always temporary.
It will cease once.
You will be saved for sure.

Please skim the issues of the day.

My blessings to you all