Sunday 23 August 2015

I have heard God (Barbara Veenman)



I have read an interview with an Remonstrant theologian and writer * . She told she was in a difficult period in her life, staying in a monastery for a while: "I felt so lonely, so caught up in my gloom, I suddenly uncontrollably started crying. Then I asked God quite humbly to send people on my path; people who could help me further on. At that moment I heard God say literally: "Then you have to set out first for yourself!".
"............... .I Have heard God. And since then, many wonderful things have passed my way! "

Would You like to comment on this story?

Barbara Veenman has heard God. And so it is. Her Spark of God promised and admonished  her. She wanted people on her path, so she had to set out first for herself, rather than sit and wait at home.
People in need are waiting and ending up in a victimised  position. What did the world  to them? Why they? And in fact they just want to be found, they want others  to solve everything, preferably God and preferably quickly.
But God has already let said on earth:

 "Ask and thou shall receive. Knock and thou shall be opened "

But that's not enough actually.
Furthermore people must set out, seek, open up, change direction, leave their old world of misery. And then God hands out everything. Because it is infinitely easier for God to send the right people, the right books, the right experiences on one’s path, if one for oneself has set out.
So the advice is: set out, take a step in the right direction.
And with every step of man God takes ten steps to man.
For man is especially carried with love in his dark moments.
Barbara Veenman is blessed for her openness and humility.

My blessings to you all
 
• Barbara M. Veenman, Remonstrant theologian, interview in Trouw, May 30st, 2015

Nr. 290