Sunday 26 April 2020

Are we made of the right stuff?


 
I wanted to ask You.
A friend of mine sighed against the spiritual world, after the umpteenth setback "Isn’t this enough?, I am really fit up with everything!". Then an inner voice said to her "We want to check if you are made of the right stuff." And she got a feeling of a big spiritual wink and felt a lot of love.

I found it striking and moving what my girlfriend had heard.

When I told this story to a sister of mine, she said "well I think it's strange, I don't believe God will cause us misery to see how much we can have."
I actually didn’t react on this because I did not sense this was fitting with the story of my friend.
Would You like to comment on this?

I love so.
Oh man with all his interpretations and misunderstandings. You are all three religious and loving people who do their best to live consciously and to listen to God, and yet there is a misunderstanding. I would love to comment on this.

God is not consciously saddling people with misery to see how much they can have. Of course not. That is not love, that is playing schoolmaster.
What happened to your girlfriend was a moment of despair and sighing and a question to God why she experienced that, but also a search for comfort. And she got it and that's how you understood it.

People are experiencing great difficulties. And earthly life is full of danger. There is so much risk in a human life.
Sometimes this is the result of wrongdoing.
Sometimes it is a breakdown that can happen in an evolutionary world.
Sometimes there is the intention to help a person further on in life.
Sometimes it is a test, not to bully, but to find out if a person can take the next step. For with every difficulty that arises, an opportunity can follow to insight or growth.

But God always examines if man is made of the right stuff. Always.
And that does not happen to test or bully but to guide people in love and with care. And to use as many opportunities as possible to let grow the spiritual personality. And to move the ego from his throne and to make room for God on that throne. So everything is always weighed and used and deployed by God for that one purpose: to bring a person closer to God and closer to eternity.
Your female friend and your sister are blessed.

My blessings to you all

No 477