Monday 13 January 2014

The Word of God came as a groom to my inner self (Bernard of Clairvaux)





 "I do want to admit: the Word has come to me as well. Even more often.”
...
“Now you are asking how this can be, for His ways are inscrutable, yet I do know this is the Word. Well it is living and powerful; as soon as it came to me, it woke my slumbering soul, it touched me and made me soft, it wounded my heart, which was hard and made of rock.”

“It also began to uproot and destroy. And it built up and planted. It watered which was dry, illuminated the darkness, opened what was closed, ignited what was chilly, made the crooked straight and paved the rocky slopes. Then my soul blessed the Lord and and all what is inside me His holy name.
Thus came the word as a groom into me. "


My God,
I do not want to compare myself with Bernard of Clairvaux, I think he is a great saint, and I know I'm just a simple guy, but those words!  I recognize everything of it. I have experienced everything of it. Everything is calling up in me a great amazement there is no difference in experience.
Would you like to comment on this?

My son, and so it is. This is meant to be for every man: talking to God and listening to the voice of God.
Did I not mention in several blogs, this is meant to be for everyone wanting this and insisting in this?
The only difference between a saint and a common man is the saint is persevering in difficult moments and the common man is cutting off and stopping, when things are getting tough.
But when you as an ordinary man just go on, always choosing for the inner world, always choosing for God, always choosing for the eternal, it can not be otherwise than what happened to Bernard of Clairvaux. That simple can it be.


I know you're embarrassed now, because people may think, oh Frenkie is comparing himself with Bernard, the saint. But, My son, what's more important: the opinion of man or the opinion of God? And are the blogs My words or yours?
You're not a saint, I do know this and do see this, My son.

But be glad and drop the subject.
You are not considering God as a distant power, but you are associating God as a dear Friend, a Comrade, a nearby Father-Mother, as a Comforter in your heart.
And this is your reality.
And this is the reality of every human being on earth.
However not everyone is realizing this.
You're no saint, My son.

But you are seeing God in your nearness, and you are knowing this together  with Bernard of Clairvaux.
That's all.
But that’s all there is.

My blessings to you all