Saturday 9 January 2016

Mental and emotional awareness of animals (2, biodiversity)

 

I watch my master walk away. I know he is going to kill me. I have seen him shoot other animals. The energy around his body is heavy, filled with sadness. I live only in the moment, so I do not fret. There is only now, and right now I live.
When he comes back, he is carrying a gun. He is very upset. I wag my tail furiously. I am not afraid, even though I know my death is here, I need to work cattle, not live on a chain. I want to run free, chasing on the heels of huge herds of cattle. A dull thud smashes my head to the ground, an explosion of light, and I am up and running. Free as the wind……..*

Is this an useful quote?

Rest assured, well chosen!
Michael Roads is a gifted medium and is very capable of phrasing the thoughts and feelings of animals.
Still it’s all very idealistic and there is a perception of anthropomorphic projection or a perception on a different level than the earth level, and over there much more is possible of course. So the thought and emotional life of man is too much imposed in this example.

But animals do have brains and a certain mental consciousness, with a certain "thinking."
And animals do have a sense of emotional life and experience a lot more in life and also in dealing with man than one suspects.
People dealing intensively with animals can tell you more about this all. And there are plenty of stories.

Such as:
  • A guide dog for the blind sacrificing himself for his blind boss
  • A whale slain by man, and knowing that man does wrong here
  • A pig in his too small loft, nevertheless blaming the farmer nothing
  • A bird in a cage noticing the different feelings of his boss
  • A dog who willingly takes the stresses of his boss
  • A horse feeling someone is afraid for him.
One recognizes man has a life of thought and feeling.
One recognizes man, thanks to evolution, is coming from the animal world.
Why should animal life not experience some thought and emotional life? Possibly different, less, less developed, less strong.

But every animal has a spiritual counterpart, and every species has a group soul who cherishes and nurtures this species. And these group souls or devas are mighty spiritual beings.
Animals are more open to their spiritual counterpart and to their deva than man with his delusions in the thought and feeling area is standing open for his soul.

That is why animals are knowing a storm or a tsunami will show up.
Therefore, birds find their way back flawlessly.
Therefore even insects are observing a greater whole and listening to it.

So who is mankind to despise the thought and emotional life of animals, to neglect or deny it?
There will surely come a time when mankind will live in a more respectful relationship with the animal world, and will treat seriously the thought and emotional life of animals.
The first signs of it can be observed.

My blessings to you all

From Journey Into Nature, p. 83, Michael Roads

Nr. 313