Saturday 8 June 2019

Nobody was born to hate (Edith Eva Eger)

 


“For me, God is a bit like Tinkelbel, the elf from" Peter Pan ": fluttering, sparkling and happy. A free spirit. God was with me in Auschwitz, when I had to dance for Dr. Mengele and when he gave me a piece of bread as a reward ... and yes, God was there when my father and mother were gassed. Believe me, I have clenched my fist to heaven, but one thing is certain: God did not kill my parents. Men have done that. And God made my anger turn into pity. No one was born to hate. I chose love instead of hate. It is love that saved me. It is love that keeps me alive. "*

Would You like to comment on this in honour of Pentecost?

Edith Eva Eger is an angel of Pentecost. She has turned hatred into love, she has experienced the terrible deeds of men and has chosen to love life despite everything. She has chosen the Mother God and Her forces: love on earth, compassion, understanding above hatred and ugliness. She is an angel of Pentecost, a messenger of the Holy Spirit, she is very blessed.

My blessings to you all


* This interview, held in San Diego, California, the home of Dr. Edith Eger, came about thanks to the mediation of the Expertise Center for Dealing with Loss / School of Transition and a financial contribution from the Bruna publishing house

No 454